I am constantly trying to do different challenges of some sort. For me this is the only way I can get excited about doing things that I know I should be doing on a regular basis but often don’t.
Usually I stick with my challenges even after the challenge has ended, but there are always the times where I slip back to my old habits.
The thing about habits is you can create new ones, better ones, habits that fit your life authentically in the place you are at.
In saying all of this, my next challenge is something that I SHOULD be doing on a regular basis and I use to be really good at this but I have noticed I have slipped..ALOT
So what is it? …. 30 day water Challenge!
what do I mean?
For the next 30 days I am going to drink a glass of water
- After I wake up – First thing in the morning is the best way to get your system started
- 30 minutes before breakfast
- 1 hour after breakfast
- 30 minutes before lunch
- 1 hour after lunch
- 30 minutes before dinner
- Just before bed – This is really good to prevent lots of health related issues that happen during the night.
That’s 7 glasses of water every day for 30 days… they don’t have to be massive glasses. Just a full small glass.
The thing is, I know how good water is for you but drinking water has always felt more of a chore to me.
I personally do not really enjoy it. The only way I can drink water is if it is infused with some sort of fruit or herb.
So why now? What are the benefit’s? There are a shit ton of benefits with drinking water.. honestly it’s probably one of the best thing you can do for yourself every day… its time.
The benefits that catch my attention are
- Energizes Muscles – good if you work out daily like I do.
- Improves Mood
- Helps keep skin looking good – Dehydrated skin has never in.
- Helps your kidneys – These suckers are working for you night and day and we depend on them .. they desevere a bit of help from us
- Maintains normal bowel functions – This is TMI but let’s be honest, the health of your digestive system if huge. With the foods that we eat these days and lack of exercise people get, this is something small we can do to help.
- Aids in Weight loss.
Today (Tuesday, May 17th, 2016) will mark Day 1 Of this challenge. Noticed how I am not waiting for the beginning of the week? I know I need this and I am ready for this change so the time is now!
It takes up to 30 days to form a habit, so I hope this works!
I will keep you posted.
Has anyone else tried doing a 30 day water challenge? If so, what came from it for you? Have you stuck with it after the challenge?
I would love to hear other experiences!
Have a fantastic day,