I made this wonderful bowl last night for dinner and it was so good that I wanted to share the recipe with you guys.
This bowl is basically a burrito in a bowl, so if you wanted to put this up in wrap you would now have a tasty burrito!
What you will need:
- 1 Cup of rice
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil
- Sliced Green Onions
- Sliced Grape Tomatoes
For the Spicy Black Beans:
- 2 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 Cup of sweet diced onion
- 4 medium-sized garlic cloves minced
- 1 Cup of fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder ( Less if you have someone sensitive to spice)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or to taste ( Optional)
- Dash of sea salt
- Can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
For the Avo- Lime Sauce:
- 1 Large clove of garlic
- 1 Large Avocado ( pitted)
- 1 Tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make rice as directed on package – set aside when done
- While rice is cooking, prepare the spice black beans in a large skillet. Add the oil, stir in the onions and garlic until softened
- stir in the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, cayenne( is using) and salt until tomatoes are soften.
- Stir in tomato sauce and black beans. Cook until heated throughout.
- put to the side
For the Avocado Lime Sauce – in a food processor mix together the mince garlic, avocado, lime juice, water and salt until smooth.
When everything is ready, place the rice into bowls, tops with a couple scoops of the black bean mix and a large spoonful of the avocado sauce, salsa (optional) and garnish with green onions, fresh sliced grape tomatoes and cilantro.
Hope you like this recipe as much as I did!
Have a great hump day!