Happy Tuesday Guys!
Sorry about my lack of post yesterday, I ended up having an allergic reaction out of nowhere. The worst part is that I am not even sure why or what happened. I’m thinking it was something in the air that just found its way up my nose or in my eye.. and BAM!
All I do know is that, within 10 minutes of me starting to sneeze non stop, my face started to transform slowly.. swelling, hiving.. it was bad! My eyes were swollen shut, my nasal passages were swollen and my lips felt so big and almost numb. I had hives down the middle of my face and my skin started to get very tender. I guess it is allergy season, but I have not experienced anything like this thus far. lets just say, this wasnt so fun. Boo.
Thankfully, after a shot of Benadryl and an hour nap, I was basically back to normal. When I say basically, I mean everything besides the swelling of my eyes. That took two days to go down!!! TWO DAYS!
What I have learnt from this random minor allergic reaction was this:
- Wash your face or body. This can help wash away allergens that could be on your skin.. cool water also felt so good on my skin at the time.
- Rinse out the eyes. This will also help loosen any allergens from inside your eyes.
- Apply a cold compress– This will help with the swelling ( if any) I used a damp cloth that I put in the freezer for an hour
- Allergy eye Drops– This is big if you’re having that itchy watery , swollen eyes like I had. Not only will it help soothe eyes, but it helps working from the inside out.
- Take an allergy medication This will be huge in helping you get past the reaction.
- Nasal cleansers– I call mine, my nettie. It basically sends water and a salt soultion up the nasal passages and helps clean it out. At first it can be weird to use, but you get use to it and you may even crave doing it like myself!
- Stay indoors – The weather condition can play a big part. If it’s a breezy day this can enhance your chances of getting exposed to allergens
Obviously everyone can react differently so I suggest consulting with a medical professional first. These were just the things that worked best for me.
Stay healthy people!
***DISCLAIMER -THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS BLOG ARE STRICTLY MY OWN. MATERIAL ON THIS BLOG IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. IT IS GENERAL INFORMATION THAT MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL, AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR OWN DOCTOR’S MEDICAL CARE OR ADVICE.
THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY MY ENDORSEMENT OF THE LINKED SITE OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ADVERTISING OR OTHER MATERIALS PRESENTED ON OR THROUGH SUCH WEB SITES. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, OR ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ACCESSIBLE FROM SUCH SITES.